Registered in the Netherlands as an independent organization, WoCoVA has a relatively simple organizational structure, which improves decision-making and thus avoids costs. In summary: the Global Committee is focused on the ongoing promotion of WoCoVA, whereas the Scientific Committee and Organizing Committee are clearly focused on organizing the next biennial congress.
The members of each one of the three committees are listed on the Committee Members page.
The Global Committee is a permanent and rapidly growing group of representatives from countries all over the world. Its members are the main source of input for WoCoVA. The main responsibilities of the Global Committee members are to:
- provide evidence of promoting WoCoVA to other professional groups though advertising in local journals, lecturing at professional meetings and other gatherings;
- inform WoCoVA on how to connect with other local vascular access related organizations, or how to improve communication with such organizations;
- to encourage clinicians to attend WoCoVA’s congresses or or by promoting the Group rate with supporting evidence;
- to link with industry partners who may be interested to exhibit at the congress;
- to assist with the list of speakers and references;
- to sponsor attendees to the congress
- to promote WoCoVA on both private and professional social media platforms, such as forums, Facebook and Twitter, but also on professional websites or company advertisements;
- to engage with past WoCoVA attendees who may be interested to document their experiences for WoCoVA’s web site;
- and to create and locally distribute posters which help to promote WoCoVA.
The Scientific Committee is responsible for the scientific program of the WoCoVA congresses. The Scientific Committee is composed of scientific vascular access experts.
The Organizing Committee is responsible for all planning activities that are required to make the congress happening: registration, venue, exhibition, program planning, and much more.