ERPIUP is the abbreviation of ‘European Recommendations for Proper Indication and Use of Peripheral Venous Access Devices’. ERPIUP is a WoCoVA consensus, endorsed by GAVeCeLT (Italy), GruMAV (Spain), GIFAV (France) and other National European Groups.
The goal of this ERPIUP initiative is to provide European nurses and physicians with an evidence-based frame of recommendations on the appropriate indications of the different available types of peripheral VADs in adult patients, and on the safest and most cost-effective strategies for their insertion, maintenance and removal.
A panel of key opinion leaders, adequately representative of the European VAD world, plus a methodologist, a web research specialist and a small group of European peer reviewers are engaged in this project, which was launched at the 4th WoCoVA in Lisbon (Portugal 2016). The team is currently composed of:
- Sheila Inwood – panel coordinator (UK)
- Mauro Pittiruti – 2nd panel coordinator (Italy)
- Liz Simcock (UK)
- Giancarlo Scoppettuolo (Italy)
- Christian Dupont (France)
- Gloria Ortiz Miluy (Spain)
- Godelieve Goossens (Belgium)
- Ton Van Boxtel (The Netherlands)
- Evangelos Kostantinou (Greece)
- Peter Carr – web research specialist
- Massimo Lamperti – methodologist
- Tom Elliott, Sergio Bertoglio, and Walter Zingg – peer reviewers